Everything you need to know
Our expert UK team are OZEV approved and can provide the full end-to-end solution for your home EV charging needs.
- The latest EV chargers
- Installation by expert technicians.
- A full best in class aftercare service to deal with any issue.
Are you able to have an EV charger installed at your home? Let’s answer some of those questions to help you decide.
Can I get an EV charger installed at my home?
This can depend on a number of factors, but the Veny EV expert team are here to help you. Before any installation can take place, we need to determine if an EV charger can be installed at your home. The initial step is for a remote survey to be completed by the customer via a survey sent to their mobile phone, which will provide photos of key areas (fuse box, electricity meter, proposed charger location etc), and by answering key questions to determine:
- If your home power supply can support the demand of an EV charger.
- Do you have or need to acquire permission to install a home charger at your home?
- Do you have a safe location for your home charger to be installed to charge your EV in a safe manner?
An EV charging can draw a lot of power from your home electricity supply, and hence, it is important to determine if your mains supply fuse, cabling and sockets are sufficient to handle the extra load being drawn.
Permissions to Install a Home Charger
The vast majority of home chargers will be able to be installed without planning permission. However, there are certain situations that may need to be considered.
- Is the property rented, which will need a Landlord’s permission to install?
- Is the property listed?
- Charger mounting location and height for safe operation.
- Will the charging cable trail and connection to the EV create a hazard?
Types of Installation
The standard installation package from Veny EV for an EV Home Charge Point covers the majority of homes in the UK and includes the following:
- Fitting an EV Charge Point on a brick or plaster wall, or other suitable permanent structure.
- Up to 10m of cable, run along and neatly clipped to the wall between the electricity supply meter and the EV Charge Point.
- Routing of the cable through a drilled hole in the wall up to 500 mm (20 inches) thick.
- Up to 3m (10 feet) of plastic conduit to conceal interior wiring.
A non-standard installation is where the above criteria for a standard installation cannot be met. A free site survey is then carried out to determine what is required to install the EV Charge Point.
How long with the installation take?
Every installation will be different, but on average, a standard installation will take between 2 to 3 hours to complete.
What do I need to do to prepare my home for the installation?
The only thing we ask is ensure that the areas around your electricity meter, charger location and any proposed cable routes have clear access to allow the Veny EV engineers to do the installation. The electricity supply will also need to be switched off for about 1 hour as well during the installation process.
How do I claim the Government grant?
The UK Government’s Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS) Grant finished as of 31 March 2022 and there are currently no other Government grants available for Home Charger installations.
What is the Warranty for the Charger?
All EV home charge points installed by Veny EV are covered by an extensive 3-year warranty, backed by a comprehensive Aftercare Service Package to ensure that you get the very best service from your charger at all times.
Ready to talk?
We'd love to discuss how we can help to support your EV Charging needs